Liquid Tank Farm Management Intelligent Drive System
Integrating Multiple Control Systems
Tank farm management is one of the unique offerings from Velox.
Our vast experience of working with various veg oil refineries has helped us in getting this expertise.
Adani is the biggest player in seaports in India. They have indigenized tank farm management. They were looking for an able partner who can take up the unique challenges of this project.
Velox has been a long term supplier of automation and electrical systems to the Adani ports and hence got the first chance.
The technical know-how of the subject eased Velox into this project.
The successful commissioning of this system brought in a lot of repeat orders.
- The intelligent motor protection relays were Siemens Simocode PRO V.
- A separate PCS7 controller was used for DRY POWDER handling system
- Special low harmonic Variable frequency drives from ABB were selected to take care of the harmonics.
- Since the cable length between motor and drives was 1200 meters, Velox got special Sine wave filters developed from a Swiss manufacturer
- Complete electrical motor controls were on Profibus DP
- The energy management system was on Modbus RTU.
- Adani ports intended to set up one of the biggest tank farm for liquid cargo management in Hazira.
- They were looking for an able partner for the complete electrification and intelligent drive control system.
- The biggest challenge of the project was to connect variable frequency drives to the motors which were located around 1200 meters away from the drive panels.
- Harmonic mitigation in the system was another requirement from the customer end
- This huge project of electrification of 85 tanks was completed in a record time of 03 months.
- The technical competence of Velox in selection of the system components with precision meant that the project was commissioned in a single go.
- The IEEE 519 standard for Harmonics was easily achieved.
- Communication with the DCS was set in the fastest possible time.
- The early execution of the project meant an early operation of cargo and a big revenue boost for the customer.